Serving Your Proteomics Needs
Applied Biomics offers the most comprehensive 2D Western Blot (WB) analysis by using fluorescent labeling and high resolution large format 2D gel. Our report provides Protein, WB and Protein/WB overlay images, allowing the direct visualization of antibody detection that no other platform could achieve. The fluorescent labelig also allows accurate quantitation of WB signals. This platform has been successfully applied in the following areas:
The unique feature of our 2D DIGE Western Blot allows 3 study designs:
Study design 1: Sample-1, Western Blot
Study design 2: Sample-1, Sample-2, Western Blot (2D DIGE & WB) - Western Blot reflects the combined effects of both samples
Study design 3: Sample-1, Western Blot-1, Western Blot-2 (This 2-color WB is feasible only if the two primary antibody are generated in different animal species)
Our 2D Western Blot platform offers significant ADVANTAGES over ELISA and standard 2D Western blot:
1) High consistency: Fluorescent 2D Western detects both protein and WB images from the same gel and same membrane, allowing the perfect alignments between protein and WB spots, thus eliminating any gel-to-gel or gel-to-membrane variations as seen in the traditional 2D WBs.
2) Cost-effective: Since only one gel is needed, it saves the cost of running duplicate gels.
3) High accuracy: Fluorescent CyDye labeling allows accurate quantitation of protein and WB spots.
4) High sensitivity: Fluorescent CyDye labeling has a higher sensitivity and wider dynamic range over the silver staining.
|Tissues or cells|
2D Gel or 2D DIGE Gel
|2D Gel Image (1 sample)
||2D DIGE Gel Image (2 samples)
||Image captured from the gel (no staining)|
|Gel transfer to Membrane|
2D Membrane Image (1 sample)
2D DIGE Membrane Image (2 samples)
|Image captured from 2D membrane (no staining)|
|Fluorescent 2D Western Blot|
2D Western Blot: one color
2D Western Blot: two color
|2D Western Blot|
||Stripping and re-blotting with other antibodies
Protein ID by Mass Spectrometry
2D Western blot (1-color and 2-color):
1) Mouse liver samples were prepared using 2D lysis buffer.
2) Proteins was labeled and analyzed by 2D DIGE using pH 4-7 linear IPG strip according to Applied Biomics protocol. Left: DIGE with 1 CyDye labeling; Right: DIGE with 2 CyDye labeling
3) The images were scanned after 2D electrophoresis, using Typhoon 9400; then the proteins from 2D gel were transferred to membrane.
4) 1-color and 2-color Western blot:
Left: 1-color Western blot to reveal Keratin 8 (blue) and its posttranslational modified forms. The secondary antibody is CF488-labeled goat anti-mouse IgG (Biotium, Hayward, California).
Right: 2-color Western blot to reveal keratin 8 (red), Keratin 18 (green) and their posttranslational modified isoforms. The secondary antibodies are CF555-labeled goat anti-rabbit Ig and CF647-labeled goat anti-mouse Ig (Biotium, Hayward, California).
5) The 2D membrane was stripped after scanning, re-blocked, followed by Western blot to reveal beta-actin.